[Pentamation] 2102 state tax deductions

Carver, Carmen CCarver at central.k12.or.us
Mon Jan 9 08:45:20 PST 2012

Group,

Our District has been working with the Dept. of Revenue and has checked with non-Pentamation users to determine if our Pentamation is working correctly calculating the State tax payroll deductions. It's not! I had the Dept. of Revenue review a record and they said our system is not calculating right.

For example: Any employee earns $59,500. Employee claims Married and 4. This employee should have $273 deducted for state. However, Pentamation says $18. We ran spot checks with several individuals and they were all very similar.

We want to warn districts to do spot checks on your $50K + income earners. We've confirmed with at least one other Pentamation user school district their calculations are incorrect.

Thanks!

Carmen Carver
Human Resources Coordinator
Central School District 13J
1610 Monmouth Street
Independence, OR 97351
Phone: 503.606.2253
Fax: 503.606.2333

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information contained in this message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me immediately by replying to this email and delete and/or destroy all information received.  Thank you.